Thursday, January 7, 2016

Days 3 & 4

I have never needed as much patience as I have the last few days. I have a teething 5 month old and she is driving me bananas! She's my first, so I'm not exactly sure how teething works but this kid will not let me put her down. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom because I can't imagine a day care facility having the patience for this. So as you may imagine, being on a cleanse with a teething babe is not the most ideal of situations.

For the past two days I have had very little time for myself, let alone to attempt to cook. However, I did not want to allow this cleanse to just go down the toilet. I have had a tough time with my weight my entire life, but I know this cleanse works and I know it will put me on the right path to healthfulness once again. So instead of giving into my cravings for that leftover bag of chocolate potato chips in the pantry or the frozen pizza in the freezer, I opted to switch things up and drink 2 shakes with a meal for lunch one day and a salad as my  meal for lunch the next. Day 3 baby bear miraculously took a 1hr nap in which time I was able to cook lunch for dad who was joining us today. I thought I might be starving with the two shakes, but I have been good and full of  energy. A crying baby is probably a good distraction from feeling hungry as well. My willpower is so amazingly strong and I am superwoman, right? HA! I have to confess that although the crying baby, no time to cook or even to shower thing didn't put me off track, tradition did.

Yesterday was Three Kings Day and in my Hispanic tradition we get together with family and make coffee or hot chocolate and sit around eating a sweet giant doughy donut-ish pastry filled with plastic baby Jesus' called a rosca. Well, I'm about 7 hours away from my family but it's the first Three Kings Day with my little baby and I bought a tiny rosca from a Starbucks in Tijuana while I was there for Christmas. So we made ourselves a pot of coffee and I had a bite (okay, like 3) of the rosca and my coffee. That was my cheat for the day. Today baby bear wouldn't let me put her down without an ear popping serenade, so my honey brought me a salad for lunch and I had another shake for dinner. I'm so thankful for that man!  Tomorrow's a new day! I hope those teeth pop out soon so I can take a little breather! Haha!

Day 3:

Breakfast
Coffee and a shake

Lunch
Chicken, veggies, brown rice, and salad with no dressing


Dinner 
Shake

Day 4

Breakfast
Coffee and a shake

Lunch
A salad my honey brought me

Dinner
Shake
and our traditional rosca! 


Total weight lost, 
- 3.4 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment