Monday, January 18, 2016

Cleanse- Last week & mom struggles

This is the last week of my cleanse!
It has definitely been much more difficult to maintain my drive and stay on track now that I'm a mom as opposed to when I have done this cleanse in the past. I can't plan out my day because I have to follow this kids lead. I definitely try to keep a schedule with her, but in reality if she wakes up 20 minutes into her 2 hour nap, I can't force her to go back to sleep. My day is kind of thrown out of whack and I there go a few chores I could have done if she were asleep. I COULD let her cry it out and just do what I need to do, but 1. we live in apartments and she's my kid, not my neighbors, so they shouldn't have to deal with her crying. and 2. She's a baby and today is the tiniest she's ever gonna be again. I need to enjoy holding her in my arms as much as I can while I still can. I don't want to regret it later.

One part of the schedule we do have down is bedtime! Come 6pm we get the bath ready, have a fun swimmy, soapy, bubbly time. Then we've got to get ready for bed; lotion, pajamas, hair brushing (she gets lots of knots already!) and all that fun stuff. After that we read a book to her and then it's bottle and bed time. We do this EVERY night and she's definitely come to expect it. We don't bathe her because she's dirty every night, but because we want to establish a routine. A good hour to wind her down and for her to know it's time to end the day. She's asleep by 7-7:30 every night and (aside from a little whining every 3 hours to eat) she's asleep until 6 to 7 am the next morning.

Come 8pm honey takes over and it's me time. By "me" time I mean gym time! I've only been in Tucson about a month and a half and we're moving to Dallas in 5 weeks, so signing up at a gym is not an option. I've been using the small onsite community gym and this is my routine.

  • 10 minute warm up
  • 30-40 minute weight circuit
  • 30-45 minute cardio
  • 10 minute stretching/cool down

I'm a spin class girl, so this is killing me, but with the right play list (thanks to Amazon Prime) it is tolerable. Haha! I'm looking forward to finishing this cleanse and continuing with healthy choices. I had terrible self esteem problems growing up and I don't want to pass that down to my daughter. I want to raise her with an active healthy lifestyle. A lifestyle I wasn't aware of until I ventured out on my own.

Total weight loss
-10 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment