Monday, May 16, 2016

cruising...

I turned the big 3-0!!! Again. Haha! For my 30th birthday last year I was very pregnant and very lazy, fatigued, tired and really didn't want to do anything. So my other half decided that we were going to celebrate my 30th birthday again this year and we were going to go BIG! So cake and ice cream was just not going to cut it. A 7 day cruise? YES!

We sailed to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Mexico. It was a wonderful vacation to focus on us and our relationship and I just wanted to share a few photos of the trip, but mainly a few photos of my favorite swimsuit.

I literally tried on over 30 bathing suits and it's so difficult to find one to fit my body type. I learned a long time ago how to dress for my body type. Mainly from Stacy London and Clinton Kelly. Their biggest piece of advice and what's always imprinted in my head has been to dress the biggest part of your body and everything else can be tailored. Luckily for me. I can sew! However, sewing a bathing suit, is not very easy, so I'd rather just purchase a good one. That task was easier said than done.

I tried on bathing suits ranging from $20 to $550 and the lucky winner was the $20 suit from Forever 21 that you can get HERE. It's not too "young" looking, it's modest (for a two piece), and it's mommy appropriate. I've always dressed modestly although I did like to show cleavage from time to time, but now that I'm a mom, I just don't feel as comfortable in some clothes. I think it's just about my own personal level of appropriateness. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment