Friday, July 22, 2016

nsale home faves...

Nordstroms sale has so many amazing home items on its sale this year, but with me moving so soon, I had to pretty much force myself to get NOTHING. And by nothing, I mean just a few things I thought I couldn't live without.



First of all, I've been dying to get a Diptyque candle for years, but with the priceyness of it Errol wouldn't justify spending that much on a candle. Makeup, shoes, clothes, yes but a candle, no. What's his thinking right? I mean...yea. I don't know what goes on in that mind sometimes. Well, for the NSale Nordstrom decided to bring out this cute little mini set for $50!! Yes!! I get get to try 5 mini scents of these guys pretty much for $10 a pop.



Needless to say, I think this little set swayed his opinion on them. As soon as I opened the package he looked over and said I can smell it all the way over here. Mind you, I had just opened the plastic wrapping of the entire package. I had not taken a single candle out yet. I'm very sensitive to smells and I get nauseated very quickly but these scents aren't perfume like at all. They are as if you are smelling the exact scent stated on the packaging. They smell like real flowers and they are very concentrated. I seldom light my candles, maybe once a week or two. However you don't even need to light these to fill the room with a beautiful fragrant smell.

If you're on the fence about these candles. GET THEM! They're worth it. It's a great introduction to the product and it will definitely help you decide if you want to splurge on a full size.



The next home item I purchased was this Thirstystone marble serving tray. In my future (dream) home, my countertops, shelves, sinks, floors, vanity, bathtub, dining table, and cabinets will all be made of calcutta marble. Maybe carrara, we'll see, but until then this guy is pretty nice to look at. Yes, it's a serving tray but maybe one day I'll be serving candles maybe one day makeup or jewelry. Whatever I want to serve on it is my business. Haha! I have a 12x12 marble tile I've been using as a tray, so I figured I should upgrade to something who's intended use is to be a tray. (I'll make a tray out of my tile as a project after the move) It's beautiful, it's marble and for those of us who aren't settled down or can't do anything about the current state of our kitchens or bathrooms this is a great way to add a little bit of glam. Best part? It's only $32.90!


No comments:

Post a Comment