Monday, January 4, 2016

Getting back to ME in 2016


This year I've decided to be a little selfish and work on ME! After delivering my baby in August of 2015 I moved to Las Vegas to take care of my mother who was placed in hospice care. She was, unfortunately, losing a battle to cancer and wanted to spend her last days at home so I was there with her. I have such a wonderful partner who gave up the first few months with our baby so that I could spend that time with her. He was embarking on a new adventure and starting off his career in Tucson and I felt so terrible that I couldn't be there to support him. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful and understanding man by my side. It was not even a question to him as to where I needed to be.


Living in a home that is not your own (especially with a new baby) has always made me feel like an intruder. I didn't want to take over anyone's space, but I did need to set my newborn up on some sort of routine. It was difficult and uncomfortable and needless to say, I did not take care of myself or even remotely attempt to eat healthy. After my mothers passing I moved to Arizona with my wonderful partner. I've been in Tucson for about a month now. My little girl is 4 months old and we are just feeling settled.

Today is our first day back from a 10 day holiday trip visiting family and although people are put off by new year resolutions I am going to make a few. I need to get back to ME. During my pregnancy I went to spin class until the 8th month and I gained a total of 13 lbs. I was back to my pre-baby weight a week later. After these tough 4 months however, I have gained 10 lbs!!! Almost as much as when I was pregnant and it is NOT okay (with me)!



Today I'm going to start a cleanse. I have done it in the past and have been very happy with the results. I felt better, had tons of energy and gave myself a reboot on eating healthy. I am not recommending or promoting it at all, just documenting my experience through it. I received the information from a manager of mine a few years back whose sister is a nutritionist. I follow the cleanse very strictly aside from adding coffee. I drink it black during the cleanse (which reduces my intake of it anyway). This is a 3 week cleanse, so I really have to mentally prepare myself and my willpower for it, but the first time I finished it I lost 11 lbs, so I have that to look forward to as motivation. This is supposed to be a medically supervised cleanse, but since I have done it in the past I feel comfortable doing it on my own and will be modifying it if I feel like I need to.

I may drink 2 shakes and eat one meal or drink 1 shake and eat 2 meals. I'm doing two meals and following these guidelines.



Aside from following the guidelines and drinking one shake a day I will also be starting off my day with a glass of room temperature lemon water. 

Today is day 1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment